- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use that information about you?
- Sharing your information
- How long will we keep your data?
- Your rights
- Requesting access to, updating & removing your data
- How to contact us
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you submit an enquiry/provide your details requesting further information.
How will we use that information about you?
We initially collect information about you to process your enquiry. We may then use your information to provide you with any service(s) we have agreed with you.
Sharing your information
We will not normally share any information we hold about you with others without your prior consent, unless one of the following exceptions apply. Information may be shared between K. Mugglestone & Co’s employees in order to effectively provide services to you. We may disclose information we hold about you if:
- If we feel there is a legitimate interest for us to do so. A legitimate interest analysis will be conducted to ascertain where this is appropriate
- It is necessary for law enforcement or similar purposes
- To review the quality of our services – for example, we regularly employ auditors to inspect our files and assist with maintaining high levels of security & integrity across our organisation. HMRC also have the right to review our files to ensure we are complying with their rules
We will never pass your information to third parties for marketing purposes.
How long will we keep your data?
We will retain your information for as long as you continue to use our services. You may request at any time for your information to be removed from our database or to change the way you are contacted (see Requesting access to, updating & removing your data section below). Even if your information is removed from our database, some personal data will continue to be archived in line with HMRC or other legal regulations.
As an individual, you have control over what information we hold about you, how it is used, and whether you are happy for us to keep it. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) states that you have:
- The right of access – to see what information we hold about you and to verify the lawfulness of our processing of your data
- The right to rectification – to rectify the information we hold if it is incomplete or inaccurate
- The right to erasure – “to be forgotten”; to have your information removed
- The right to restrict processing – to change the way in which we use your data
To exercise any of your rights regarding your personal information, please contact the data advisor on email@example.com
Requesting access to, updating & removing your data
You have the right to request details of all the information we hold about you. To do this, you should email us on firstname.lastname@example.org . We will respond to your request within 1 month.
You also have the right to ask us to update your information or have it removed from our database. This can be done using the same process as above.
In the first instance, we would ask that all complaints regarding the handling of your data be sent directly to our data officer via email to email@example.com or in writing to the address below.
If you feel your complaint has not been handled appropriately, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
How to contact us
Data Advisor, K. Mugglestone & Co, Stillwater Cottage, Antons Gowt, Boston, Lincs. PE22 7BG.
For more information about your legal rights in relation to the information we hold about you, please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office at ico.org.uk.